Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6, 2009...For Amit

As I write this blog, on this, the 6th of February, 2009...I sit and ponder the last 6 months...and how drastically so many lives have been changed...forever...6 months ago, we lost Amit, beloved husband, brother, uncle, father (to-be), friend...the heart aches at it all...an unending ache that will never quite be filled...

I look at lovely Deepika and beautiful Jevesh...two wonderful souls that have had to endure so very much...sometimes it feels like too much...but their strength, bravery, and endurance are lessons to us all...and I am a better person for knowing all of them and having them in my life.

Today, on my other blog, I discuss Amit and the tragedy that befell him and the travesty of justice that followed. Here, I would like to remember the good, the better, the best, of a man I considered a friend (and in his own way, passive teacher, offering saged wisdom despite his youth)...Deepika's best friend, her love, her husband, her life...And I welcome any and all who would like to add to this list...a rememberance of a dear and wonderful man...We are all better for having known him, if even for a brief moment in time...


* He was a good person

* His smile


* He was always so laid back - hardly anything ever bothered him and even if it did, it was not for long

* His saag (spinach dish) - delicious

* He was nice

* He was intelligent and had such passion and drive


* He wanted to try to always make someone else's day better and not sweat the stuff that really doesn't matter - people matter, material items can be replaced...

* His laugh

* He touched many people, from Chico, to Sacramento, Nevada, Texas, India, the world

* Tandoori style Pomfrey fish - honestly one of the best meals I have ever had, really


* We are all better for having known him

* He liked Okra (Bindi or ladyfingers)

* He was charismatic

* Singing to his Hindi music

* He had a magnetic personality


* His incredible energy and spirit

* His love of hot food - he could eat peppers straight up - he wanted to have his meals make you sweat

* He loved Deepika so very much…his life was perfect…he had a wife he loved, a child on the way, and his business was doing well…

* He is missed by many

* He is loved by more


This video includes pictures of Amit, Deepika, and Jevesh...may it warm your heart and touch your soul...Please don't drink and drive and don't let anyone else either...


4 comments:

  1. Deepika, I just heard today at the farmer's market what has been going on. I am so sorry to hear of all your troubles. You and Jevesh are in my thoughts. I am sending you strenght and love. To Jevesh I send healing thoughts and more love. He is clearly a fighter. I wish you all the best. I look forward to seeing both of you back in Chico.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. deepika, tamara, jevesh.....
    i know i don't communicate near enough....but i hope you know you are never more than a thought away and that i hold you snuggly in my heart.....tamara, next time you come to chico....call me ahead of time....thanks for your dedication to keeping us all in touch.....
    my favorite amit memories are of sitting in the kitchen to eat with him and dragging my massage chair into the kitchen....bringing 'the mountain to mohammed', as it were.....i miss the buffet table.....and the smiles that just came with the meal....no extra charge....
    big hugs...
    weezie

    ReplyDelete
  3. In such a short period of time, Amit touched many hearts. This reminds me an old quote;
    Some people make headlines while others make history. Amit's philosophy was "If you think you can win, you can win". This is the reason he was very successful and popular in such a young age. He was wise, energetic, hard working, creative, kind, helpful, reliable, humble, good listener, open-minded, happy, loving with good sense of humor...and the list goes on..
    Amit, you are always in our heart!! I am sure u are watching all of us from heaven.

    Dear Jevesh you are always in my thoughts and prayer. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amit was a good man...He absolutely loved Deepika and she loves him so very very much ...you could see it in how they looked at each other, how he took care of her, how they were together ... friends...partners...loved...loving...

    That loves doesn't go away...it just changes its form...No matter what...no one can change that

    ReplyDelete